Thursday, May 30, 2013

Latest Project in Progress... Home Maps Wall Collage

In preparation for our new home far away, I wanted to keep our old homes close by. I love the trending map decor movement, so I thought I'd frame a map of each of the places we've previously lived, both together and apart, along with a poem by Oliver Wendell Holmes that puts my feelings on paper perfectly- (I made the subway art myself)

Where we love is home,... (8x10)

...home where our feet may leave, but not our hearts. -Oliver Wendell Holmes (8x8)


I found these beautiful late 19th century downloadable state maps (they match each other! YES.)
Idaho

Nevada
Utah

Our new home.. New Jersey!


And some old-school Ukrainian ones (I like the really old one, but Garrett wants it to be in Ukrainian and the older one is in Latin)



I am planning to mat the subway art in gray or taupe and the maps in white and hang them in frames that are all the same color, probably over our desk. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment